The award-winning Caltowie Chilled Out ‘N’ Fired Up is on again this March, bringing the small town of Caltowie to life with the best full day music gathering in rural South Australia. Each year the festival comes back bigger and stronger, with the 2022 event selling out! 2023 will be no different with two illustrious acts of the Aussie rock and alternative scene in the 90s and 00s, Jedediah and Bodyjar, set to headline. If you grew up during this era than you will know this is an event not to be missed!
This year will be special with support act Dallas Frasca announcing that this will be their final live performance for 2023, so don’t miss your last chance to catch them light up the stage one last time. The rest of the line-up showcases a range of genres; a little bit for everyone, including Funky Monks (Australia’s Red Hot Chilli Peppers tribute act), Critical Limit, Chelsea Manor, Uncle Fungus, Road Wings, Beach Leech, and The Pinecones.
Caltowie COFU isn’t just a music festival… it’s also about spreading the message around mental health in regional South Australia. Every year proceeds from ticket sales go back into the community via Jamestown Apex Club. Take a look at these great initiatives to date:
- Financial support of ‘The Resilience Project’ in our local schools (JCS 3 years, St James 2 years).
- Financial support of ‘Growing With Gratitude’ program at Gladstone High School.
- Forming the ‘Secret Men’s Business’ group, offering peer support for local men regarding mental health.
- Mental health first aid course for local community members in different spheres of influence.
- REACH mental health first aid training for senior school students (over 16) at JCS.
- $7000 donation to the Apex Foundation for other Apex clubs to pursue mental health projects.
- Financial support of guest speaker appearances by as Mary O’Brien of ‘Are You Bogged Mate’ and Nathan Bolton of Bolton Brothers Psychology (an Afghanistan veteran).
- Sponsoring a ‘Chats Over Charcoal’ Men’s Mental Wellness afternoon put together by the Breakthrough Mental Health Research Foundation and ‘I’m Not Afraid To Speak’ groups.
- $2000 donation to the ‘Fly Like A Feather For PTSD In First Responders’ charity, assisting first responders mental wellbeing.
- $2000 donation to the Mid North Suicide Prevention Network for further guest speaker appearances.
- $1000 donation to the ‘Push Up Challenge’ on behalf of Apex member Ben Lehmann who did 3139 push-ups in 24 days raising awareness for mental health (money raised went to Lifeline – paying for over 100 calls to Lifeline).
- $3000 donation to the establishment of a new electric BBQ for the community at the Bundaleer Forest picnic and playground area.
No change was made in a day, but we hope that each year we can make a difference. Through continued success we hope to get to a position where we can offer financial assistance for clinical solutions to mental health in our community, to complement our preventive initiatives and projects.
Besides establishing itself as a mini ‘Big Day Out’ with 12 hours of live music, a smorgasbord of gourmet food and craft beer and wine from local SA businesses will be available from all hours. BBQ smoked meats, pizzas, paella, even vegan options will be on the menu. Free camping is available at the festival surrounds, so pack up the camper and make a weekend of it.with friends and family. So eat your heart out, enjoy a drink with friends, and dance the night away at regional SA’s hidden little gem of a live music festival at Caltowie Chilled Out ‘N’ Fired Up Music Festival!
Tickets on sale now at Moshtix.com.au
Gates open 11:30am, Memorial Oval, Caltowie
Festival ends at Midnight | Free Camping on-site